News:

That long distance road will always beckon, enticing, always call, inviting, always be there,waiting.

Main Menu

Welcome to Far Road Forum - let the LD adventure continue!

Started by kwaka, Sep 07, 2022, 08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwaka

Quote from: Head_Mechanic on Sep 08, 2022, 03:16 PMThanks Bazz you will get a better nights sleep tonight. and thanks for the wake up call.  :D
Good onya Reg. Yeah, I'll be heading to dream land soonish.
Wake up call was a freebie, no need to thank me. ;D
Spell and punctuate Far Road any way you like, just don't call me late for lunch!

GTR-AUS 241 - FarRider 43 - IBA 38566 - Far Road 2043
  •  

Sgt Schultz

Hi. Sgt Schultz here.
Few years inactive due, as some of you know, to major health issues.
Have been somewhat disappointed with PV.
The legacy of Davo being walked over.
I joined FarRiders after meeting David Jones and a few reprobates at the Kawasaki GTR-Aus meet at Clare.
I was drawn in by his openness and genuine love of all things bikes and his ability to connect with people.
The FarRiders began through GTR then obviously developed and became a separate entity as it grew.
It was a stepping stone for those who had a desire to take part in longer distance rides without the pressures of a full on IBA ride.
Davo managed to get FarRiders recognised with the IBA.
He put a great deal of work in developing this.
It was traumatic for everyone who knew him when he died just short of completing the IBA ride in America.
There is a great deal of history from GTR Aus, FarRiders and IBA.
One man's arrogance and disdain for this should not be allowed to downgrade and lose the long distance ride history.
My numbers are GTR-AUS 89, IBA 45920, FR 299.
Despite my inability to ride now I keep these with pride.
And thanks for letting me register.
I can still ride vicariously through the ride reports.
No Bike now sadly.
IBA #45920
GTR-AUS #89
FarRiders #299
Still have a Belt Buckle though #79
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls

kwaka

Welcome home Sarge, really good to see you here.
Sorry to hear of your health issues preventing your two wheeled enjoyment.

Personally and I guess like most of us, we feel and share your sentiment.

Thank you for joining up, supporting and contributing.
Spell and punctuate Far Road any way you like, just don't call me late for lunch!

•  

Skidoo

Fantastic job Kwaka, this forum will assist many riders and the future progression of LD riding in Australia.
  •  

Rusjel

Hey Bazz, before this train gets too far down the tracks, maybe you'd like to consult with some of the other folks trying to pull things together, like Wombat over here in WA?
IBA #33180, Farrider #61, alert grade 3 and bar
  •  

FJReggie

Thanks Kwaka for getting this up and running.
It's good to have OUR forum back on line. Regardless of all the issues, it still is and always will be OUR forum.
FJReggie
  •  

Mark P

G'day everyone,

The rider formerly known as DanZZR here. Thought I'd use my real name for a change.

Hats off to Bazz for making this happen. Can't thank him enough.

Good to see people finding the new site. Hopefully will see some ride reports soon.
Pho Roading in SE Asia

FR#734
  •  

Mark P

Quote from: Mark P on Sep 09, 2022, 03:30 AMHats off to Bazz for making this happen. Can't thank him enough.

Hats off to Kwaka rather. The really do sell some good cold and flu tablets over the counter here...
Pho Roading in SE Asia

FR#734
  •  

tj189

Quote from: Rusjel on Sep 09, 2022, 02:35 AMHey Bazz, before this train gets too far down the tracks, maybe you'd like to consult with some of the other folks trying to pull things together, like Wombat over here in WA?
.... and Daggy on Facebook?
"Riding motorcycles is not a socially conscious, politically correct, or even logical endeavor. If you are going to do it. If you are going to chase the horizon it must not be a competition, it must not be an adrenaline fueled activity, it must be a passion." selil, April 2016
  •  

kwaka

Quote from: Skidoo on Sep 08, 2022, 09:30 PMFantastic job Kwaka, this forum will assist many riders and the future progression of LD riding in Australia.
Cheers mate.
Quote from: Rusjel on Sep 09, 2022, 02:35 AMHey Bazz, before this train gets too far down the tracks, maybe you'd like to consult with some of the other folks trying to pull things together, like Wombat over here in WA?
Done and work is in progress.
Quote from: Mark P on Sep 09, 2022, 03:30 AMG'day everyone,

The rider formerly known as DanZZR here. Thought I'd use my real name for a change.

Hats off to Bazz for making this happen. Can't thank him enough.

Good to see people finding the new site. Hopefully will see some ride reports soon.
G'day Mark, welcome and thanks.
Bazz aka kwaka either/or is fine mate.

•  

Carsten

Well done Kwaka.  If the old FR is dead and I'm not convinced yet, but if it is, happy to coordinate rides in Tassie, if that is how this group developes.  Once again well done.
FarRide#194
IBA#42038
  •  

kwaka

Quote from: Carsten on Sep 09, 2022, 11:07 AMWell done Kwaka.  If the old FR is dead and I'm not convinced yet, but if it is, happy to coordinate rides in Tassie, if that is how this group developes.  Once again well done.

G'day and welcome Carsten, terrific to see you here.

Appreciate your EOI. Yes, still a lot of dust to settle but you are on the Tassie admin list anyways.  :)

•  

brodes

•  

kwaka

•  

rosco

Just found all my old friends and good to see everyone coming back.Thanks kwaka.Looking forward to the new adventures.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: kwaka, Marls