Started by Taffey, Mar 26, 2023, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• North East iRode #1
    ()
    Alpha, Central Queensland

Biggles

Interesting source of info, Tack!
For example, it says "Controlled Burn on Sunday 16 April 2023 from 9am to 4pm", with a note that the info was updated today, 12th May.  Gotta wonder.
Also references to flooding on the Capricorn Hwy to the east.  Could that still be the case?  It was updated this morning.   :-\
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

Tackleberry

There has been rain in the area and some of the road is very low, but I would suggest that it be used only as a reference for planning and not gospel.  I have used it for years, and as most sources the further away from the coast you get the less reliable it is for accuracy Biggles. 

Just put it up as a potential source so people weren't caught off guard because I know some people try and time their rides pretty close when stringing some together. 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Spada

Quote from: Tackleberry on May 11, 2023, 09:43 AMI now have three friends for lunch so we still have room at the table so don't be scared we won't bite, unless you want. ;D 

I'll share a bowl of chips with ya Tack  ;)
Registration done, cabin booked for Friday Night, new boots & gloves. Looking forward to getting back on the hores, it's been too long between rides. It'll be a straight forward up & back, but here's the linkylinky - Spada's Alpha trip It'll go live lunchtime Friday.
  •  

Spada

Quote from: Spada on May 15, 2023, 03:09 AMLooking forward to getting back on the hores,

Horse... I meant Horse... :o
  •  

Tackleberry

Thanks Spada. 

OK guys and girls I have a few friends that are willing to travel but I want to give Rav a chance to order whatever he needs to provide us with lunch so I would like to call on Thursday to give him a heads up for any orders, so if you're considering please register so I can give him some numbers. 

Remember he doesn't have the same stuff available as the coast so he needs time to order. 

Hope to see you there. 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Hop

Hop

Not sure what he has but I will go a steak sanga and chips.

Thanks

Hop
Hop
Mackay, Qld
IBA 54966  FR 1078 - Triumph Tiger 1200.
  •  

Biggles

Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

Tackleberry

Hello everybody - there appears to only be a few of us us making the trip, but whenever you start your journey, and whatever distance you're planning (Biggles) stay safe and remember ... it's just a road. 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

HarryR

Leaving home lunch time today, loud shirt packed.
Unfortunately I'm unable to post Spotwalla link as the latest update to Bubbler does not support my perfectly working 5 year old Samsung phone and I can not revert to the previous version.

cheers
HarryR
FR#183
IBA#42971
  •  

Spada

Pulled up at Injune for the night, quite a lot of roo's around dusk. Pub dinner & early night, will be back on the road at sunrise.
  •  

Hop

So my ride went flat with my rear tyre about 200k out. So I won't make it today. Not sure what I hit but it is a pretty big hole. Disappointing

Hop
Mackay, Qld
IBA 54966  FR 1078 - Triumph Tiger 1200.
  •  

Tackleberry

Bugger Hop.  Hope you got it sorted buddy and made a good ride anyway. 

Well we had 6 of us turn up today with Biggles checking in and keep on going for his run that I'll let him bring you up to speed on what he's doing. 

Rav, the owner, and his brother Karl were very thankful of us arriving on their doorstep and sharing a conversation with them and spending some money in their establishment. 

Anyway it was a great day for a ride and the scenery was great with recent rain making some beautiful colours to view in the vista. 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Spada

Thanks for organising it Tackleberry, It was good to get back out for a decent ride after several years on the sidelines. 2157km for the round trip over 37h. Was great to catch up with some familiar faces.
  •  

HarryR

Thanks Tackleberry again for organizing the venue and the weather although it could have been a bit warmer in the mornings. Great to catch up with some old and not so old faces again. Smell the roses trip back arriving home at about 4:30 this afternoon with 2095Km for the weekend.

cheers
HarryR
FR#183
IBA#42971
  •  

Biggles

Home at lunchtime today after overnighting in Gayndah.

I got away from home at 10:30pm Friday.  Once out in the higher country the temp dropped to zero for a while and I was thankful for my heated gloves, vest and grips.  Brecky was found at Dingo and I rocked in to Alpha at 11:00 to be met by Tackleberry.  Soon after the rest arrived.  The Publican obliged by taking our photos. He reckoned the bikes should feature, so we got him to take a second shot to feature the riders for the inaugural NE iRode.   I should add that when the jackets came off, there were two more of those old Ochre shirts to accompany mine.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I secured a few mural shots for a competition and then returned to Emerald.  Always liking a different route home, I went south to Springsure and Rolleston, then east to Moura, south to Theodore and finally east through Cracow, Eidsvold and Gayndah- 1799km for the iRode and 2226 for the weekend.
  •