News:

That long distance road will always beckon, enticing, always call, inviting, always be there,waiting.

Main Menu

2023 East North ride location discussion

Started by Philmor, Nov 29, 2022, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OX-34

Nice work Tackleberry.

Just planned a leisurely 1000km a day 3 day long weekend with 24 'Alphabet letters" along the way.
FarRider #92
IBA #486

Newcastle, NSW
  •  

Biggles

Sounds interesting.  I might give the Alphabet town signs a miss, since I'd be on something of a mission, rather than leisurely.  Are we working on an arrival time window?
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

Tackleberry

Biggles no dramas if you don't follow the alphabet it was only a suggestion for anybody interested to make it a little different and see some outside townships. 

I will have to double check with the moderators about the requirements for an authorised ride. 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Biggles

Biggles

Quote from: Tackleberry on Mar 25, 2023, 12:42 PMI will have to double check with the moderators about the requirements for an authorised ride. 

This is the thing that bothers me about our present "Post A Ride And They Will Come" way of doing things.  I like some structure, authority if you like.  I guess something will evolve- unlike the One Man Band thing that was FarRiders- more like IBA Oz which has a Committee planning events.  I'm sure if Kwaka had the time, he'd get that going, just like he's got together some folk to monitor the Forum.
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

David G

I agree with Biggles,a group of people setting up the locations to ride to. May be one for each state and the locations posted into the calander.I liked the Farrider set up, you looked at the rides and locations coming up and planned for the ride you could attend.
Cheers David G
  •  

Tackleberry

Guys I have contacted Kwaka to formalise the ride, this is not intended as a just turn up event.  As I have said there were a few people fluffing around, I just wanted a direction for everybody to head towards before we formalise the event, for planning purposes. 

I dont believe we have an appointed co-ordinatior for the North East yet, and NO I have other things on.  Hopefully if somebody is interested in this role we can push that for Kwaka rather than leaving it on his shoulders, lets step forward and get on the front foot to make the riding community proactive. 

I was actually involved in organising a couple of the rides for FarRiders, including the original Eungella ride with Thommo, so just trying to get the ball rolling. 

Don't take this as having a go at anybody I am just trying to explain my motivation behind the push.  Finally an empty nester and probably gonna start riding a little more again so keen to get out to meet some fellow riders, and pillions too. 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Taffey

Tackleberry,

I have taken the liberty of putting Alpha in the Ride Calendar, which is different to what you have asked Kwacka to do (I think).  If you can provide some details, I can finish the job while we are waiting for the ride details to be published.

Cheers
Taff
Taffey
Farrider 827 and IBA 70503
  •  

Tackleberry

What other details do you need buddy? 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Taffey

Just your preferred check in time (I have put 11:30 to 12:00 to start with). And the meet point location and whether you want to use something like Ridemaster for registrations?

Cheers
Taff
Taffey
  •  

Tackleberry

Taffey if ridemaster is the accepted standard then let's go with that, and I am trying to contact somebody locally to give me a reference for a decent feed, unless somebody here can give a recommendation. 

Check in time you have allocated is fine with me as it allows people to order lunch and move if they aren't staying the night at accommodation locally. 
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Tackleberry

Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Rusjel

Great to see rides going ahead! Hopefully I'm East coast based again one day and can join in. Or just take a longer holiday!

That said, the Southern Cross Distance Riders have a pretty solid base, so hopefully we'll see some Eastern Staters at their rides too.
IBA #33180, Farrider #61, alert grade 3 and bar
  •  

Taffey

Quote from: Rusjel on Mar 28, 2023, 09:52 PMGreat to see rides going ahead! Hopefully I'm East coast based again one day and can join in. Or just take a longer holiday!

That said, the Southern Cross Distance Riders have a pretty solid base, so hopefully we'll see some Eastern Staters at their rides too.

There is always Moulamein on May 6th  :D
Taffey
  •  

Tackleberry

Just in time for those riders to come to Alpha then.  Sweet timing.  😂

Quote from: Rusjel on Mar 28, 2023, 09:52 PMGreat to see rides going ahead! Hopefully I'm East coast based again one day and can join in. Or just take a longer holiday!

Since when was he coast you lived on ever a determination in a ride destination for you Padre?  Would have thought it more of a challenge than a problem. 🤔
Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Tevvy

As potentially the closest member to Alpha, there is not too much there.  The Alpha gateway service station will be the best place to meet (and refuel the bike, yourself and your gun if needed  ;D ).  The pub might be worth a shot for a feed as well but should be given a heads up on the expected numbers.
FarRider #1184
HD Tractor
Emerald, QLD
  •