Down the road to Robe

Started by Taffey, Jan 24, 2023, 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• South East IRode #2
    ()
    Robe, South Australia

Taffey

Here are the details. Check-in window will open at 11:30am and close at 12:00pm Noon Australian Central Daylight Time.  If you're coming from the East, ACDT is 30 mins behind. From the west, legend, no doubt have all of the timing stuff well in hand.

Riders are encouraged to participate under the 1000km or 1200km in 24 hours rules; meaning the ride window opens 12:00pm Noon Friday and closes 12:00pm Noon Sunday and you must complete your 1000 or 1200km ride within a 24hour window inside that window. But there is no pride lost if you just want to pootle over from wherever for a lesser ride to say, "G'day".

GZ is for the moment small linear parkland at the water's edge opposite The Robe Hotel, 6 Mundy Terrace, Robe SA 5276.

The corresponding/mirroring Facebook page if that is preferred is https://fb.me/e/2AFadOyLv

Hope to see you all there...Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Taffey
Farrider 827 and IBA 70503
  •  

Gateman

Hi Taffey.
I'm not a facebook user, will updates appear in this forum?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Large

Large

Quote from: Gateman on Jan 30, 2023, 08:42 AMHi Taffey.
I'm not a facebook user, will updates appear in this forum?

Same here....
Alan
FarRoader #90
FarRider #90
IBA #38024
2011 Kawasaki 1400GTR
Adelaide SA
  •  

OX-34

Same same here.

That's what this forum is for.
FarRider #92
IBA #486

Newcastle, NSW
  •  

Grey Gentry

Hi Guys,
I've just messaged Taffy, asking for an update to this ride.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Kimmie

Hi Guys,

Here's the info of the FB page for you.

Robe Customs House Museum: coordinates -37.162780, 139.755370

SATURDAY, MARCH 18, 2023 AT 11:30 AM

More details to follow - but set aside the 18th of March for a Ride over to Robe in SA. Not much on that weekend so people wanting to overnight have plenty of accommodation to choose from.
I am heading down early next month to case out a venue for lunch.

Nothing else has be put up.

I'm unable to attend as I have other things happening in March.

FR#441   IBA#45872
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Grey Gentry

Taffey

Yes :) - refer below

Here are the details. Check-in window will open at 11:30am and close at 12:00pm Noon Australian Central Daylight Time.  If you're coming from the East, ACDT is 30 mins behind. From the west, legend, no doubt have all of the timing stuff well in hand.

Riders are encouraged to participate under the 1000km or 1200km in 24 hours rules; meaning the ride window opens 12:00pm Noon Friday and closes 12:00pm Noon Sunday and you must complete your 1000 or 1200km ride within a 24hour window inside that window. But there is no pride lost if you just want to pootle over from wherever for a lesser ride to say, "G'day".

GZ is for the moment small linear parkland at the water's edge opposite The Robe Hotel, 6 Mundy Terrace, Robe SA 5276.

See you there.
Taffey
Farrider 827 and IBA 70503
  •  

Grey Gentry

That will work. Let's plan the ride.

I've just realised my 6 weeks of medical restrictions don't expire until the Monday after this ride.  Bugger, I was looking forward to making this one, the first of a new era.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

IanW

Hi Taffey

I'm coming from Brisbane so will probably start the 1000ks around Condoblin on 17th as per the departure rules and complete the ride all going well in Robe between 11.30am and 12 noon.
See you there.
IanW
GTR-AUS #5
FarRider #773
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Taffey

Roy

Evening everyone ..
Forgive me , as I'm an IT lamer ..
. No . Not looked at forum of late , my personal world has been crazy , stupid busy..

Our New World Order ....
How does one register for a calendar ride ..
Eg .. Robe .
Is there any registration at all ..
Do we just rock up with fuel docket..
No , like many of us , not on the facies .
Cheers  Roy
FR#1058
  •  

Derek (FR 1128)

How do we let someone know that we are going on the ride?
Not on face book
  •  

Grey Gentry

Quote from: Derek (FR 1128) on Mar 08, 2023, 12:23 AMHow do we let someone know that we are going on the ride?
Not on face book
I suggested that the ride should be created on Ridemaster, like Carsten did for the Tassie ride.

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Roy

Afternoon all , hearing the odd mixed messages . Or I'm  just not getting my head around it .
Can someone please clarify ,
Is the March 18 , "Road to Robe "  ride a GTR .
Or actually a registered ride , with names , distance credited start and finish location , steed ..( bike) ..  options of completing your nominated distance at check in , or half out , half back within the 24 hrs of ride and checkin day ...in the traditional FR way
Cheers
Roy
FR#1058
  •  

Nev..

Quote from: IanW on Feb 28, 2023, 05:55 AMI'm coming from Brisbane so will probably start the 1000ks around Condoblin on 17th as per the departure rules and complete the ride all going well in Robe between 11.30am and 12 noon.

Take a few minutes to sit by the lake at Lake Cargelligo as you pass through.  It's a bit of an oasis in the Australian outback. 
IBA # 44764
FarRider #234
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: IanW

Roy

So is .. South East , I rode #2 .A GTR ?
If it's a time distance location recorded run .
I need to plan it .
Cheers
FR#1058
  •