Cat backpack

Started by r15, Jul 04, 2024, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r15

To any smoldering ember of FarRiders wistfully poring over a coffee-stained copy of Hema Road and 4WD Atlas of Australia this cold cold evening, greetings. It's 4,380-ish k's between Dalwallinu and Dululu in case you're interested.

The Dululu pub would have made a fine destination for a FarRide had it not burned down... a few years before FarRiders blew up. Anyway. I searched the internets for an image of lament for what might have been and blow me down someone has rebuilt it and it was slated to re-open today-ish.... Burnett Highway dreaming.   

Where was I? Advice is sought about transporting a cat on a motorcycle. Backpack or box? Initially it will be a trip to the vet to get elastratorated. The little fellow is pretty adventurous with his wedding tackle intact and if he survives the elastrator, a day ride might be the go. But I can't search LD cat stories on the FarRider site anymore. Nor postie rides. Unfortunately.   

FR #1012 (approx)
  •  

Large

One FarRider was a dog called Kipper. Rode in a dog box/cage/pet crate on the back of it's FarRider owner's bike (who's name escapes me). I think it was MIXR????

There was also Bundy, but he rode on the seat and tank with Tex.
Alan
FarRoader #90
FarRider #90
IBA #38024
2011 Kawasaki 1400GTR
Adelaide SA
  •  

OX-34

Kipper in his box on MIXR's bike

Bundy on Tex's tank

FarRider #92
IBA #486

Newcastle, NSW
  •  

OX-34

FarRider #92
IBA #486

Newcastle, NSW
  •  

Mark P

Great to read from you r15,

Cat backpacks are incredibly popular in South-east Asia. I would see them almost daily when out in the thick traffic although did have some concerns of how the felines coped with the intense heat and few air holes.

There is a large selection at this site: https://yourcatbackpack.com/en-au/collections/cat-bubble-backpacks, although I am sure you get one much cheaper from Alibaba etc.

Please do send through some pics if you manage to sort it out.
Pho Roading in SE Asia

FR#734
  •  

r15

FR #1012 (approx)
  •