News:

If you notice any forum changes, it's more than likely your admin tinkering away in the back end of the forum.  Sometimes things go awry, so please report any bugs or glitches to your admin.

Main Menu

How do we make a Far Road Ride Happen

Started by Hop, Jun 28, 2024, 08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop

Hi Far Roaders
I love the fellowship of motorcycling. I get that not everyone is like me. My passion is the "Ride for Lunch" concept.  Name a place, riders and pillions register so the place know how many to expect and then each of us make our own plans on how to get there. Maybe something from the iRode list or an Ironbutt, whatever. Get there eat food, tell tall stories, go home even happy to write a report to get in on the list.
I don't understand why it is so hard to make this happen. Naive I know but if we don't start making some rides happen it will all be lost.
Hop
Hop
Mackay, Qld
IBA 54966  FR 1078 - Triumph Tiger 1200.
  •  

ZigZag

I think a lot of ride action moved away from this site to somewhere else after the end of FarRiders (sorry, can't remember the correct protocols for spelling and capitalisation). There are a couple on this site who still post rides, Taffey and Carsten.
I think these days its a case of build it and they will come, well some of them.So if you would like to do an iRode, make a suggestion here and see what response you get.
ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Biggles