News:

Together, spawned from the ashes of our past, we will forge anew, the way forward.

Main Menu

Hi from Brisbane

Started by AdventuresOfAnAndrew, Jul 15, 2023, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdventuresOfAnAndrew

Hi
I'm a Brisbane local. My current ride is a VStrom 250SX. I've had quite a few bikes over the years but keep coming back to 250s. Have been riding since I was 17yo. Have ridden lots of tours and long days but never an officially recognised long rides. Disliked my last two bikes (both 500cc bikes) so never rode them far. But now I have a bike I love so time to rack up the mikes again.

Looking forward to seeing where this takes me and new people I might meet.

Cheers
  •  

Walshy

HI and welcome aboard Andrew. Things are a bit quiet around here at the moment, but hopefully will pick up a bit in the second half of the year. Just check in here regularly to see what rides are coming up. Hope to meet you sometime on a ride somewhere.
The artist formerly known as FR #772
IBA #60302
2012 1400GTR
2018 Z900RS
  •  

Biggles

Welcome Andrew.  I'm also in Brissie.  As Walshy says, we're all living in hope this Forum will spark up soon, having languished for too long.  There have been a few rides, but not many participants.  Maybe some fresh faces will revive the spark that once burned brightly among the "mid-distance" riders.  The IBA Australia Forum is a little more active, although they really only reliably have one ride per year, their "Muster", which invites an IBA length ride to participate.
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

Tabledrain

Hi and welcome Andrew, lots of info here if you want to start racking up decent distances. I'm Beenleigh area.
Tabledrain
IBA # 477
FarRider # 247

David G

Hi  and welcome Andrew, I am a newbie to this form as well. I live on the nth side of Brisbane. As others have said just keep checking in for  any up coming rides,
Cheers David G