News:

If you notice any forum changes, it's more than likely your admin tinkering away in the back end of the forum.  Sometimes things go awry, so please report any bugs or glitches to your admin.

Main Menu

Sleep Patterns PDF

Started by Bazz, Sep 07, 2022, 08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazz

As I've pulled an all-nighter working on this forum, on my travels through the vaults of all things LD on my PC, I came across a PDF from 2004 put out by the W.A. govt. It focuses on the whole gambit of factors that can lead to death on the road or in the workplace.

I particularly like the stats in Survival Times for Humans on the page numbered 2.
Certainly a sober reminder to keep Rule One, first, foremost and always in mind.

You cannot view this attachment.
Chief Far Road botherer!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls

Grey Gentry

Many scenarios from the pdf apply to LD riders. 

I will admit to suffering from fatigue.  The symptoms exposed themselves as a complete reverting to instinct.  All my rider training deserted me, which is was using the rear brake to stop. I was instinctively using the front brake.  And as hard as I tried, I could not overcome that survival instinct kicking in.
I'd missed a scheduled power nap.

Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls