News:

Together, spawned from the ashes of our past, we will forge anew, the way forward.

Main Menu

Greetings Earthlings

Started by Nev.., Sep 12, 2022, 03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nev..

I thought I'd done an introduction post when I first joined last week but I guess I must have forgotten to press the Post button.  I remember that Davo was a big fan of people introducing themselves to the group (failure to do so gave him rights to take your bike for a test ride at the next FR if I remember correctly).  My current ride is still my 2014 Super Tenere 1200 ES model which is going strong with 107k on the dial and many more to come.

I recognise a lot of names on this forum and I suppose a lot will recognise mine after 13 years in the FR community.

Thanks very much, Bazz, for the time and effort to set it up this new place for our in many ways diverse, but also like minded community to reconnect to one another.  It certainly is a unique collection of riders who have found their way here. 

It's quite surreal in some regards that fellow riders I know here who live within 50km of my house, though I have only ever met them in other states, in forecourts of motels and petrol stations, dining rooms of hotels, car parks next to lakes, truck stops on outback highways etc

Long may we all meet in far flung places. 

IBA # 44764
FarRider #234
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: kwaka

Grey Gentry

G'day Nev, and welcome.
Great to cross roads with you again, even if only virtually.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Marls

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Grey Gentry

kwaka

Welcome  Nev! Too right about introductions. Even a simple g'day goes a long way.
Spell and punctuate Far Road any way you like, just don't call me late for lunch!

GTR-AUS 241 - FarRider 43 - IBA 38566 - Far Road 2043
  •  

Roy

Greetings .. Nev ..
Greetings too all . Most new here , have by far, being doing this longer , ridden further , more often. By standards , I'm really a newbie ..
It's just damn good to see the Kwaka and key players relit the fire that burns within all of us ...
Feel , over next few months , numbers will grow .
Let's make the best each of us can ,, with .. personal commitments , costs , time ,
Hoping there will be a rush of new members over next little while
Welcome all

Why are we really here ? 

Each have their own reasons .....  there is .. ONLY ONE
FR#1058
  •  

Gateman

Gady Nev. Yes we are a bit of a mixed bag.
Plenty of names we know and plenty I dont know and plenty of new ones to come.
  •