News:

Together, spawned from the ashes of our past, we will forge anew, the way forward.

Main Menu

Sitting quietly in the corner

Started by Murphyau, Sep 11, 2022, 11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murphyau

Good morning Far Roaders,

Some of you may remember me from the old FR forum, or other motorcycle based fora (aka forums for the non-Latin speaking members).

I first became acquainted with Davo back in 2005 on the GTR-Aus board, and we exchanged quiet a few emails on various motorcycle subjects, and we did met up a few times at various Ulysses Club events.

My last meeting with him was at Wellington in September 2008, where we shared an early morning breakfast.  I was on a Sydney-Wellington-Quirindi-Sydney loop, while Davo was on a Noosa-Adelaide-Noosa ride.

Lately, probably due to covid, I have picked up the "observation rally" bug, both physical and virtual. 

Anyway, .. keep the rubber side down, the shiny side up, and may your lid never skid ..  , and maybe I'll catch up with you on the road some time  . . . .

•  

Grey Gentry

G'day Murphyau, and welcome.
It's been a while since I've seen your name in the motorcycle fora.
May our roads cross again in the near future.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Murphyau

Thank you for the welcome, GG.

I have been reasonably active on the Ninja1000 forum since 2019, and prior to that, I was active on the ZRXOA board (both USA based).  Recently, I have commented occasionally on the IBA-AUS board, mainly in the Rallies Downunder sub-section, and since selling my beloved ZRX1200, I don't visit the GTR-AUS forum very much as there is not a lot in common (engineering-wise) between a GTR and a N1K except both being made by Kawasaki and both having 2 wheels.

Mostly, I just sit quietly in the corner.  I lurk on the FJR forum and the old FR forum, and I am active on a couple of other motorcycle related forum, but under an assumed name.

Like a bad penny, you just never know where/when I'll turn up.
  •  

Grey Gentry

I sold my ZRX1200S too. It had served it's purpose as an LD machine having a 50CC under its wheels.  The small tank issue was supplemented by jerry cans. Now running a VFR800, although I still have the A1 1000GTR in the shed, but it is in need of some care.

Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Murphyau

I put just over 165,000 km on my ZRX1200 without any major issues, and I am still torn about my decision to "upgrade" to a N1K versus a ZRX engine/gearbox rebuild. 

If I had known that 2020, 2021 and 2022 were going to result in multiple covid-19 "stay at home lock-downs", then I would have happily just stripped down and done a "re-fresh/re-build" of the ZRX the engine.  I bought the N1K in Nov 2019 and by Nov-2020 I had less than 5,000 kms on the clock, and by Nov-2021 it had less than 10,000 km.  Pathetic.

Such is life, you weigh up the odds and roll the dice  . . .
  •