Blinman

Started by Taffey, Mar 25, 2024, 03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large

Early days yet but if you are looking at doing any dirt to/from Blinman...

https://www.dit.sa.gov.au/OutbackRoads?SUBPUID=PT_fb_160922_citypass&data1=PT_fb_160922_citypass&tid1=PT_fb_160922_citypass&cmp=PT_fb_160922_citypass#Legend

There's been a heap of rain in far north SA and SW QLD>
Alan
FarRoader #90
FarRider #90
IBA #38024
2011 Kawasaki 1400GTR
Adelaide SA
  •  

ZigZag

I'm heading to Hawker on Monday for a couple of nights. I'm going to ride to Blinman and back on the Tuesday. I was going to explore some of the roads through the Flinders while up there but maybe not. I'll let you know what its like up there.
ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Langers

Taffey

Yes, keeping a close eye on things.  Might be a up and down trip.

Taff
Taffey
Farrider 827 and IBA 70503
  •  

ZigZag

I rode into Blinman today from Hawker with a few short deviations along the way. The road, sealed all the way is in great condition. A lot of the dirt roads on either side are wet and there is a bit of standing water on them which made them slippery. Vehicles have been using them so some are also cut up by 4wds.

I spoke to a guy who rode into Blinman with his son on enduro bikes while I was there. They had ridden the Glasses gorge to Parachilna gorge loop and said the road had recently been graded and was in great condition. Some of these roads are still only open to 4wds. Not sure what it will be like in a few weeks for the Blinman ride. It's very green up here too which is an indication of the rain they have had.
ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •  

Taffey

Quote from: ZigZag on Jul 16, 2024, 07:51 AMI rode into Blinman today from Hawker with a few short deviations along the way. The road, sealed all the way is in great condition. A lot of the dirt roads on either side are wet and there is a bit of standing water on them which made them slippery. Vehicles have been using them so some are also cut up by 4wds.

I spoke to a guy who rode into Blinman with his son on enduro bikes while I was there. They had ridden the Glasses gorge to Parachilna gorge loop and said the road had recently been graded and was in great condition. Some of these roads are still only open to 4wds. Not sure what it will be like in a few weeks for the Blinman ride. It's very green up here too which is an indication of the rain they have had.

Thanks for this; greatly appreciate the intel.

Yeah. Keeping an eye on the road status and just more than a little concerned that some enthusiastic 4wd'rs may have gone in too early and wrecked the roads. But fingers crossed though that the back way to Yunta is traversable.

Taff
Taffey
  •  

Large

Bummer, I'm out again, work roster has changed. Have fun and ride safe.
Alan
FarRoader #90
FarRider #90
IBA #38024
2011 Kawasaki 1400GTR
Adelaide SA
  •  

Taffey

Quote from: Large on Jul 28, 2024, 05:34 AMBummer, I'm out again, work roster has changed. Have fun and ride safe.

Darn it! I have left you registered in the ride, but found this new feature where I can mark you as a will/did not start, so should a miracle occurs and the roster changes again, I only have to amend your status back to ready to ride meaning you won't have to register again.

Cheers
Taff
Taffey
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Large

Large

Thanks, but definitely out.....
Alan
FarRoader #90
FarRider #90
IBA #38024