News:

Together, spawned from the ashes of our past, we will forge anew, the way forward.

Main Menu

Giving the road away

Started by r15, Dec 25, 2023, 04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r15

Have you fellas all given the road away* or what?

*Was visiting a friend in hospital and got talking to the lady in the next bed whose husband had been a truckie. She used the expression he gave the road away when he retired.

Carry on. Just wanted to put it in a sentence before it went cold on me. Oh. Merry Christmas.
FR #1012 (approx)
  •  

Biggles

Nah.  There's still some movement by a couple of riders over on the IBAOz forum.  And besides posting quotations here, I get about SE QLD with plans for NSW and VIC in 2024.  So don't give up!
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

OX-34

We're still around r15. More reading than writing.

Biggles is keeping the forum trickling along with his snippets of literature.

There is movement over at the IBA forum that has many members in common with Far Road.

We will still have regular gathering rides but maybe you can bang out a solo ride and write it up to reignite the flame?
FarRider #92
IBA #486

Newcastle, NSW
  •  

Nev..

I had a new house built 12 months ago, and have been working as much as my employer will let me work, and most of my spare time when the weather has been good has been spent out in the garden trying to turn the bombsite around the house which was left after the building was finished into a garden. 

I've almost completely swapped my motorcycle gloves for gardening and woodworking gloves.  I walk past my motorcycles in the garage numerous times a day and tell myself I should take a day off and go for a ride.  I think neither of the bikes have moved since the end of Sept.

I did make plans to attend the IBA rally in Naracoorte this year, but I can't even remember the reason why I didn't end up going. 

Looking back at my year, i've been out for half a dozen dayrides, one overnighter, a 2 night camping trip, and the only decent ride of the year was a 16 day slow ride with Jo up to Brisbane to visit family. 

Hopefully next year I can relax a bit more and plan a few more days out riding.
IBA # 44764
FarRider #234
  •