Barkley Roadhouse Out of Action - UPDATE - Now Open

Started by Giggles, Nov 22, 2022, 03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggles

Being reported that a fire has occurred and it is completely out of action.  No food, no fuel, no nothing.

PG
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around.

FR #1085 [currently floating in purgatory]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls

LindsayGT

IBA #49250: SS1600k, BB2500k
Formerly FarRider #369
  •  

Biggles

Very sad for everyone!  Being a kitchen fire it seems legit.  Too many pubs spontaneously ignite when they become uneconomical to run- but I'm sure this one paid its way!  Being such a vital link, it's going to make the leg across that part of the country even more challenging!
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

Mark P

Very sad to hear. Always welcome to have a surprisingly decent coffee there after a long ride through the outback. Merlo coffee from memory.

I know Fatman and Lynne had a wonderful night in a pre-warmed bed there on their epic lap of Highway 1 (warm regards if you are reading).

Jerry can sales will be up at ThreeWays and Camooweal.

Let's hope they can get it open again shortly and it doesn't become another soulless, unmanned fuel point.
Pho Roading in SE Asia

FR#734
  •  

Gateman

We had a great get together up there years ago. CC organised some very nice beers and we had a great night.

Great place.
  •  

LindsayGT

It certainly was. I remember it well.
 Notables were Clint, Ron and Marls, Rusjel.
I'm pretty sure TJ and Lionel were there as well, among others I can't remember off hand. Pity about the other site.

Easter 2014. 19th April.
IBA #49250: SS1600k, BB2500k
Formerly FarRider #369
  •  

Grey Gentry

Quote from: LindsayGT on Nov 30, 2022, 07:47 AMIt certainly was. I remember it well.
 Notables were Clint, Ron and Marls, Rusjel.
I'm pretty sure TJ and Lionel were there as well, among others I can't remember off hand. Pity about the other site.

Easter 2014. 19th April.
And Ziggy popped in too. (If I remember rightly). 
And I still carry that powder hand degreaser Gatey.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Dicky Knee

The Homestead is back in  action

QuoteWe are OPENING again on Wednesday 7th of December at 6am. Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Fuel, Accommodation, Camping, Bar etc are all open!
We sincerely thank each and every one for all the support and well wishes! Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Opening hours during the wet season: 6am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Please share! Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Steve"
2007 FJR
IBA #82587
FarRoader
FarRider #161 (West #8, #9, #11, #50, #51)
Mindarie, WA

Gateman

Yep Lionel did some work to repair his st1300, TJ, Ziggy, TonyK whom rode with me. we poped out a neat ss2500k. Ron signe3d off our finish witness forms.
Good stuff Ron. im sure ill find some photos.
Mel N too.
Who else attended.
  •  

Grey Gentry

Quote from: Gateman on Dec 13, 2022, 07:25 AMYep Lionel did some work to repair his st1300, TJ, Ziggy, TonyK whom rode with me. we poped out a neat ss2500k. Ron signe3d off our finish witness forms.
Good stuff Ron. im sure ill find some photos.
Mel N too.
Who else attended.

Coldcomfort, our host of course.

Mel only made it was far as Winton. We, and Tony and yourself, visited her recuperating there.  Marls and I caught with her again briefly, when she was transitioning through Townsville Airport.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Gateman

I do remember hundreds of roos in groups of 4 or more just standing on the road for miles that night.
Twas a numbers game and eventually I drew an unlucky door prise and modified some plastic.
  •  

Rusjel

I remember Clint showing up and telling us about his cancer. Given the Farrider crap going on I was really pleased to see him.

We had a cracking dinner, then outside to talk Erica Spotties and FLIRs, telling lies about distance riding. It was a beaut catch up.

The following morning Glen and I slept in, listening to the rest of you taking off. We headed West, then Glen checked out the centre and I visited some old friends in Darwin. Did a centreline 36 and met Glen again in the gutter.

Now the roadhouse is going to be back in business we should do that again sometime.
IBA #33180, Farrider #61, alert grade 3 and bar
  •  

Dicky Knee

"Steve"
2007 FJR
IBA #82587
FarRoader
FarRider #161 (West #8, #9, #11, #50, #51)
Mindarie, WA
  •  

Gateman

Can we get an edit to the thread title to reflect the new situation as an update please.
  •