News:

Very heart warming to see some many friendly faces within these shiny new walls.

Main Menu

Border Run 2023

Started by Kimmie, Mar 06, 2023, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

Hey All,

I couldn't find it in the forum, so could someone advise the date for 2023 Border Run.

Thinking I might try and make the trip.

Thanks

FR#441   IBA#45872
  •  

Tackleberry

Tackleberry

Townsville NQ
2010 1400GTR Gen2
FR #233
  •  

Grey Gentry

First Saturday in August. 

I'll probably ride to Ceduna on Thursday, then a lazy ride to BV on Friday.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Kimmie

FR#441   IBA#45872
  •  

Nev..

The last two times I've thought about doing the Border Run, I've decided to head north and make it a run up to the warmer weather over the Queensland border instead.  Maybe this year....
IBA # 44764
FarRider #234
  •  

rosco

Book your room early.My deposit paid for the Border Friday and Saturday.

•  

Kimmie

Quote from: rosco on Mar 21, 2023, 07:47 AMBook your room early.My deposit paid for the Border Friday and Saturday.

Yes have pre-booked my room.

Thanks for the tip Rosco
FR#441   IBA#45872
  •  

Taffey

Taffey
Farrider 827 and IBA 70503
  •  

Kimmie

Guys,

Looking for feedback on accommodation in Wudinna SA and anything safety/security wise I should be aware of.

TIA,
Kimmie

FR#441   IBA#45872
  •  

Langers

Hello Kimmie, if you can't find a place you're comfortable with in Wudinna, you might like to consider the Minnipa pub, some 38km further up the road to Ceduna. It has both motel and hotel rooms. I haven't stayed there since the Border Run in 2017(?) but provided there haven't been any major changes since then, it's a nice SA country pub. Ownership has changed but reviews suggest the new owners are as friendly and capable as Rick and Margaret, the previous owners.
Kind regards ... Mark
BTW, if you do stay at Minnipa, make sure you refuel up at Wudinna. I'm pretty sure there isn't 24hr petrol at Minnipa.
  •  

Kimmie

Quote from: Langers on May 23, 2023, 12:04 PMHello Kimmie, if you can't find a place you're comfortable with in Wudinna, you might like to consider the Minnipa pub, some 38km further up the road to Ceduna. It has both motel and hotel rooms. I haven't stayed there since the Border Run in 2017(?) but provided there haven't been any major changes since then, it's a nice SA country pub. Ownership has changed but reviews suggest the new owners are as friendly and capable as Rick and Margaret, the previous owners.
Kind regards ... Mark
BTW, if you do stay at Minnipa, make sure you refuel up at Wudinna. I'm pretty sure there isn't 24hr petrol at Minnipa.

Thanks Langers...things seem to be booking up but I'll keep trying.
FR#441   IBA#45872
  •  

Taffey

Kimmie,

If it helps, I am staying at Wudinna the Friday night before Border Village.  There are some rooms left, but you need to get a wriggle on if you haven't already.

Taff
Taffey
  •  

Taffey

Change of plans. Now seeing if I can do the trip direct from Adelaide on the Saturday.
Taffey
  •  

David G

Finally got to do the Border Run this year I am on my way back home to Brisbane where the roads have corners.The weather has been great for riding. The bike has just ticked over to 211,675 klm. Stopped for the night at a pub just east of Ceduna Next stop Broken Hill.I didn't post this at the time it states it was 2040 not sure how the forum clock works??? Also that is the pudding carrier not me in the image.
 Cheers David G
  •  

AdventuresOfAnAndrew

Hi David
Would love to hear all about your ride and your route. I am a Brisbanite and have slated days off work for the Border Run 2024.
  •