News:

That long distance road will always beckon, enticing, always call, inviting, always be there,waiting.

Main Menu

Its good to be back

Started by Spokkie, Jan 04, 2023, 01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spokkie

Well, it's been a number of years since i have had any contact with the LD community.
After completing about 16 (now unknown) FarRides and a couple of Iron Butt rides, my wife and I packed up our lives in W.A. and went caravanning around Australia for 2 years.
My poor bike was mothballed until we decided to relocate to the other side of the country,QLD. I was very eager to get back onto two wheels that's for sure.
Soon after arriving in Bundy i completed #GFR6 and ever since then I stopped LD riding. My wife's poor health and life kinda just got in the way.
So, I have been out of the loop for probably the past 5 years only to come back to not be able to find FarRiders. It took a bit of sleuthing but thanks to the IBA forum I discovered there have been some very big changes going on. :'(
This morning I was giving some thought to a possible return to some LD riding, so I had another look to see if FarRiders might be back online. I happily found Far Road instead.
I have spent a number of hours already today trawling over the new site trying to familiarise myself with all the new goings on. ::)
I've always been a very proud FarRider and given the opportunity to talk about and promote the club I would. I'm very glad that we have managed to hang on and evolve into an even better club that helps promote safe LD riding.
I look forward to spending more time catching up with what's going on and hopefully getting a few more k's under my belt. ;D After I get a considerable amount of ride fitness back.
It's great to see some of the old familiar names here and hope to meet a few more. 8)
BMW K1600GTL

FarRider #493
Iron Butt #55735

Bundaberg QLD
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: OX-34, Marls

Walshy

Great to see you here Spokkie.
The artist formerly known as FR #772
IBA #60302
2012 1400GTR
2018 Z900RS
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Spokkie

Giggles

Hi, I don't think we've met but welcome aboard.  We're just about to move to Bundy so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers

Giggles
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around.

FR #1085 [currently floating in purgatory]
  •  

Kimmie

Hey Spokkie, glad you found the site.

Sounds like you've had some exciting? times in the past few years.
Congrats on the move and hope you get settled in quickly....and yes keep your eyes out for Giggles (Paul) - he has been planning his move up there for ages now.

Kimmie
FR#441   IBA#45872
  •  

Grey Gentry

Hi Spokkie, welcome. Good to have you back too.

The name rings a bell, glad you found us.

Regards,
Ron
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Christo

Hey Spokkie, I've just moved to Mount Perry a few months back, (about 100 k's to your West). There's some loverly motorcycly roads around here, so If you're ever out this way, hit me up for a coffee.
If You're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room....
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Spokkie