News:

Very heart warming to see some many friendly faces within these shiny new walls.

Main Menu

Electric Motorbike

Started by Spada, Nov 10, 2022, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spada

Coming soon apparently, sounds like fun around town but wont go the distance on the highway... and need to win lotto
https://www.mcnews.com.au/energicas-ev-range-about-to-power-onto-australian-roads/
Top speed: 241 km/h
City range: 420 km
Combined range: 246 km
Power: 126 kW – 169 Hp
Acceleration: 0 – 100 km/h in 2.8 sec.
Battery capacity: 21.5 kW/H
Charge time: 1 hour
  •  

Biggles

At least they look like sports bikes rather than black air conditioning condensers on wheels.
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

kwaka

They only mention City range.
Combined range seems anemic for LD work.
Spell and punctuate Far Road any way you like, just don't call me late for lunch!

GTR-AUS 241 - FarRider 43 - IBA 38566 - Far Road 2043
  •  

Walshy

Call me a dinosaur, but I love the smell of petrol in the morning.
The artist formerly known as FR #772
IBA #60302
2012 1400GTR
2018 Z900RS
  •  

Roy

I do have much to say , very strong opinion of electric , 100% electric transport .
Yes , clean energy I'm very supportive .
Have my home roof covered in solar ..

However . In transport , across this sparse beautiful country .
More questions , then answers .. the answers only provoke more questions
For an example ...

My industry .A new 100% bus for example .
Range ,tad under 200k .
Each depot .. must become a sub- station.
Etc , ,
Now we hear.. utility costs will rise some 50%  over next couple of years .. . Electricity included ..
Reliable supply ??

Is it me , or can others see problems coming ?
FR#1058
  •  

Roy

As for our passion .. idk .
Will it be ..
How many Far Road Ks , did you get from one charge ..before it died ..
Or ..
I will meet you .... say .. from mine .. Melb or Bris in ...24 hrs plus ish .... if I get access to charge point ..
Maybe longer
Again .. idk
That's crystal ball stuff , mine is chipped and cracked , and ain't working so good
Above all else , stay safe out there
Cheers
FR#1058
  •  

Mark P

Quote from: Spada on Nov 10, 2022, 08:42 PMComing soon apparently, sounds like fun around town but wont go the distance on the highway... and need to win lotto
https://www.mcnews.com.au/energicas-ev-range-about-to-power-onto-australian-roads/
Top speed: 241 km/h
City range: 420 km
Combined range: 246 km
Power: 126 kW – 169 Hp
Acceleration: 0 – 100 km/h in 2.8 sec.
Battery capacity: 21.5 kW/H
Charge time: 1 hour

I take the point on winning Lotto to buy one, but it certainly seems mathematically possible to do a 1000+km day. One would need some nicely spaced coffee shops with charging infrastructure to keep the show on the road. Just more planning elements to consider.

I wonder what the kangaroos would make of an electric bike?
Pho Roading in SE Asia

FR#734
  •  

Roy

Never even gave that problem .. a moments consideration ..As there never not a night , or dark time component in everything , ride we do ... the night life of our highways , A roads , at night .... B and C roads ( why are you really there , at all , on those minor roads , at night ) .. if you don't have to be ..????
Yes , all in favour spin the Political restricts . The common phrase . 100% torque ,on tap , from first  " sneeze " .
Great , if the 400m dash is your thing ..

Little or nothing has been said about our requirements ..
Idk .
Oh yes , we are going to be forced that way ..
Hybrid ,, fell is our best option
Electric bikes ..  Riding Distance ..???? ... driving lights , nav devices ,phone or any USB charging needs .. or with some .. heated jackets and seats , grips .
Most of us have at least one additional power drawing need .
Mine ..
USB , phone , gps .
 2 STEDI cubes 4200 lums each
2 1100 lums PIAA lights
Many have more gizmos
Where does that leave us ..
Any calculations on the expectations of EBs (Electric Bikes ) ..
Don't have us in mind .prob don't know or care we even exist .
Figure , the day to day commute , the Sat or Sun morning latte run ..
What ..100k  maybe 200 k round trip .
I ask everyone , seriously ..what are your needs , or on a trip , a day on the black top ?..
400k  -  600k -  800k -  1200 - 
Our ..
IBA riders ... 1610k  plus .. Oh yes the laws of the land remain ..and policed ..which is fair enough ie ( Speeding  )
Fatigue ... we have all been there .kills far too many ... sadly.

Feel . Much consideration , thought , debate , rethinking , understanding too be had ...

Not against renewable . Have home roof covered with solar ..
Keep in mind ..
House doesn't do 1000k in 24 hrs
Cheers .. take care , stay safe all
Roy
FR#1058
  •  

Roy

Sorry , reread , realised there are spelling mistakes . In prior post .
Got a few words wrong .. one example .. typed fell .. meant feel ..
I struggle I bit ..... makes many errors .
No doubt , always will . Not giving up
Cheers
FR#1058
  •  

Nev..

Quote from: Roy on Nov 11, 2022, 09:40 AMNow we hear.. utility costs will rise some 50%  over next couple of years .. . Electricity included ..
Reliable supply ??

Is it me , or can others see problems coming ?

Not a personal attack, but it's funny how people see the status quo as being the easy option regardless of how difficult it is and something new being the difficult option, without putting much thought into solutions. 

Just imagine if the tables were turned and electric vehicles were the status quo, and someone suggested that there was a better and cheaper method of powering vehicles, using internal combustion engines, with hundreds of moving parts, and all you had to do was to dig a hole in the ground on the other side of the world, pump oil out of the ground, pump it through a 2000km pipeline to a port, load it onto a tanker, sail it 7000km to singapore, offload it, refine it into benzine, load that onto another tanker, sail that another 7000km, offload it at another port, pump it to a storage facility, then load it onto a truck and drive 700km and offload it into a tank in the ground for people to come and fuel their vehicles.   

You'd have a hell of a job trying to convince anyone that that is a simpler solution than just erecting wind turbines, solar panels or tidal generators and storing that electricity in 'batteries' until it was required and then distributing it through an infrastructure of wires which required no movement of any product at all after the infrastructure was in place.

IBA # 44764
FarRider #234

ZigZag

Not to mention if petrol was invented today with is flammability and cocktail of toxic chemicals, it is unlikely we would be allowed to pour it into our vehicles with a rubber hose whilst breathing the vapour and chemicals and then spilling it on our cars and the ground.There are equally as bad chemicals that have been banned from products used over the last couple of decades but petrol remains part of our everyday lives.
There is a series of Youtube videos called New Zeroland by a guy who rides an Energica around NZ's South Island over about a week. He stops regularly to charge it at fast chargers and his partner accompanies him on a Triumph Speed Triple. The Triumph begins to fail, ironically because of a charging fault. He makes it without many charging dramas but the electricity costs just as much as the petrol used in the Triumph.
ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls