News:

If you notice any forum changes, it's more than likely your admin tinkering away in the back end of the forum.  Sometimes things go awry, so please report any bugs or glitches to your admin.

Main Menu

G’day FarRoaders…..

Started by Christo, Oct 25, 2022, 06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christo

Hi FarRoaders, my name is Christo, formerly FarRider332.
Good to be back amongst you all again. And thanks Bazz for taking this bill by the horns!
Keep an eye out for the blue beauty Named George, come up and say G'day!
How do I stick up a pic?
If You're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room....
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls

kwaka

Quote from: Christo on Oct 25, 2022, 06:33 AMHi FarRoaders, my name is Christo, formerly FarRider332.
Good to be back amongst you all again. And thanks Bazz for taking this bill by the horns!
Keep an eye out for the blue beauty Named George, come up and say G'day!
How do I stick up a pic?

G'day Christo, long time to see/hear. Good to have you onboard old mate.

Pics howto link

Short version, look for the "Attachments and other options" under the post window, then click on the down arrow.
In QUICK EDIT mode look for ADD FILES. ;)

Spell and punctuate Far Road any way you like, just don't call me late for lunch!

GTR-AUS 241 - FarRider 43 - IBA 38566 - Far Road 2043
  •  

Grey Gentry

G'day Christo, welcome.

Good to see you found the new group.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •  

Christo

T
Quote from: kwaka on Oct 25, 2022, 11:02 AMG'day Christo, long time to see/hear. Good to have you onboard old mate.

Pics howto link

Short version, look for the "Attachments and other options" under the post window, then click on the down arrow.
In QUICK EDIT mode look for ADD FILES. ;)

Thanks for that Bazz, haven't used a forum since I flounced out of the other one, so I'm gonna have to relearn.

•  

Christo

Thanks for the welcome Kwaka and Grey Gentry!

Been doing a lot of Travelling, since I walked away from my job after 2 years of COVID madness (ended up a bit mad myself, but that's a story for another age...), but mostly using 4wd Ute and Hybrid Camper. Been travelling with my 13 year old Dog Sophie.

A few weeks ago I did a dash back from Karumba, up in the Gulf country, to have a look at a place I'd had my eye on to use as a base of operations, I liked the town, the views were good, the price way right, so I bought myself a a donger and a 20ft Shipping container at Mount Perry.

The Kawasaki is many years gone, and I sold the Suzuki when I sold the house in May, so I needed a new sled. I've always thought Old's cool, so went and put my money on a 2022 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor, which I have begun to kit out for touring and LD. It's not fast, it's not full of bells and whistles and farces, but oh, the joys of simple motorcycle riding! Takes me back to my youth, except this one has ABS disc brakes and Electronic Fuel Injection, and no kick start.

I recently caught up with Chasnee (finally) for a ride, and I asked what was happening with the FarRiders, he mentioned that Bazz had started this new group. So a quick google search later, an application to join, and here I am.

Still trying to work out pic posting, your system tells me my pics are too large, so I'll get some pics up eventually, I remember that pics were almost mandatory on the previous forum.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone on future Far Roads! (Maybe on the Interceptor, maybe also something else, plans are afoot, and I am unsupervised).

Cop you later!

Christo.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: kwaka, Marls

Biggles

That's a good story, Christo.  Mt Perry is a lovely little town.  It's in the middle of somewhere- not far from everywhere.  You seem to have found peace.   ;D
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

Christo

Yeah Mate, peaceful it certainly is here! And there's some sensational roads around here for scratching that twisty itch. Pity the Monto Road and Gayndah Road aren't paved, for the road bikes, but, ya get that, eh?
They have a great little General Store, that does wonderful coffee and great Bacon and Egg Rolls, the Grand Hotel......isn't. But they do a nice meal at the right price, and it's not a bad place to sit and drink beers.
The Federal Inn is an old Picture Theatre, converted to Accomodation/Restaurant/Bar, and that particular place is just a walk across the road from my new place.
So if ever anyone is going past, or, just coming to Mount Perry, be sure to look me up, the Espresso machine is usually warmed up, and there's beers in the fridge. Always.
Cheers,
Christo.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bmacg, Marls

Biggles

I rode up there on the ST from Ban Ban Springs on 20km of reasonable gravel.  Of course, gravel roads change all the time.
Gotta love a tiny town that has its own Leopard tank!
And there's gold in them thar hills!
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  

Christo

I think you'll find that was significantly more than 20 k's of gravel, you must have been enjoying it. It's a bit slippy and slide at the moment, with potholes you'd lose the aforementioned Leopard tank in. Just gotta slow down and ride to conditions I guess.
  •  

bmacg

Longtime no see Christo.
I think we had a beer or three  at Nindigully pub.
you might remember Bruce (me) and Deb.
We only went through Mnt Perry a few weeks back as Deb has a friend near Gin Gin.
Love the Kerwee road back to Eidsvold.
Like you I ended up here when I was trying to find some of my old data on the FR site..Thanks to Baz and the LIST he extracted we have the details back. Some 20 odd FRs for me and 10 for Deb.
We will get up to Mnt Perry before xmas.
Cheers
IBA #47276
  •  

Christo

Yeah mate, long time. I remember.
Would be good to meet up with ya again.
When you come to Mount Perry make sure you hit me up for a decent coffee. I live just behind the Federal Inn.
  •  

Roy

G day Christo , pretty sure our paths have not been in the same place ,at the same time .ive only been around here for a little while .
When low FR #s join , that's an important thing .As there is a strong connection too our past , which lay the foundations to our future ..
It's simply a good thing to see the forum membership slowly growing .
Kwaka took a chance , feel he has started something damn good .
Hoping as 2023 starts , the calendar rides , the format , will be an easy thing register for .
As the " KISS " principle is very dear to me , in this electronic world .
Keep It Simple Stupid ..

Stay safe all
FR#1058
  •  

Christo

Thanks for the welcome Roy, I fear I absented myself from the community for quite a long time, and there are many names here I don't recognise (or, forgot! Bloody dementia).
Forums come and Forums go, But Kwaka it seems is forever.
There's a few names I recognise, Lynne and the Fatman, Gatey, Chasnee of course, Tabledrain, Triple Treat, Rusjel, Thommo.
What about TJ? He here? Tackleberry? Max? look forward to meeting and or catching up with you all in the flesh soon.

Christo.
  •  

Biggles

TJ's hard to lose.  He's head sherang on the IBA Oz Forum. Tackleberry has vanished. Max will have to speak for himself.
  •  

Grey Gentry

Quote from: Biggles on Nov 04, 2022, 02:58 AMTJ's hard to lose.  He's head sherang on the IBA Oz Forum. Tackleberry has vanished. Max will have to speak for himself.
I had dinner with Tackleberry in Townsville Wednesday evening. He's still kicking, but office bound now.

Christo, please ignore my message, I tried to fit Mt Perry into our route south, but it made it a road too far for this old rider. Perhaps another time.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •