G'day from me.

Started by ZigZag, Sep 11, 2022, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZigZag

Hi all, I have completed one and only one FarRide back in 2015 to Beachport. Thoroughly enjoyed myself back then and I have always intended to do more but work and my domestic situation always got in the way. However life changes and priorities shift so hopefully the Gods of the open road will make it possible for me to do more in the future and I'll get to see some of you on the road. I think my FarRider number was 830 but I could be wrong.

As an aside when I went looking for the FarRiders site I came here via the Iron Butt association forum. In that search I stumbled onto a brand of Chinese car tyre called Far Road?

cheers, Dominic
ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls

Fatman

Welcome ZigZag to the forum.  Sounds like to have a bit more time to ride now, great stuff! 

I looked at my records and you are correct that your old FarRide # is 830, but my records show Beachport SA was FarRide East #31 on 11/10/2014.  Time does fly! 

I don't know anything about Chinese tyres though.   ;D
Fatman
Some call me "Michael"
FarRider #272
Iron Butt #54972
"Do it while you can, because you can't do it when you can't"

BMW R1200 RT

From Huntly Vic.
  •  

ZigZag

2014? Bugger, that was a long time ago.
Thanks for the welcome Fatman.
ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •  

kwaka

Quote from: ZigZag on Sep 11, 2022, 12:21 AMHi all, I have completed one and only one FarRide back in 2015 to Beachport. Thoroughly enjoyed myself back then and I have always intended to do more but work and my domestic situation always got in the way. However life changes and priorities shift so hopefully the Gods of the open road will make it possible for me to do more in the future and I'll get to see some of you on the road. I think my FarRider number was 830 but I could be wrong.

As an aside when I went looking for the FarRiders site I came here via the Iron Butt association forum. In that search I stumbled onto a brand of Chinese car tyre called Far Road?

cheers, Dominic
Welcome Dominic, nice to see you here.
FarRoad tyres is indeed a Chinese tyre maker under the DTL Tyres & Rims banner. Apparently setup by "western professionals" working in Asia.
That was not a free plug and nothing to do with us here of course. Well, not unless you're running darkside tyres, lol.
Spell and punctuate Far Road any way you like, just don't call me late for lunch!

GTR-AUS 241 - FarRider 43 - IBA 38566 - Far Road 2043
  •  

Grey Gentry

Welcome Dom, great to make your acquaintance.
Look forwards to catching up on the road.
Those who want the test, want to see over the horizon...achieve the goal or fail are in the end the only players who have credibility. - C. Snooks

GTR-AUS 20
FarRider #179
IBA #37681
  •