News:

If you notice any forum changes, it's more than likely your admin tinkering away in the back end of the forum.  Sometimes things go awry, so please report any bugs or glitches to your admin.

Main Menu

Far Ride registering?

Started by ZigZag, Sep 13, 2022, 08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZigZag

Hiya, now that we have some rides listed, and mapping apps open, do we have a registration process yet? Or is it a show up on the day with a start receipt and trust we are all doing the right thing type of affair. I'm guessing people volunteering to do checkins would like to know in advance how many people might be rolling in?

ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •  

Biggles

It's been mentioned a few times by Baz that the window is 11:30 to 12:00.
I agree a destination with Lat/Long would be helpful.  The issue is, the Admin has been flat out like a lizard drinking getting all we have going from scratch in less than a week, with a gig in his hometown thrown in.  Things like a Registration Page will no doubt be developed in due course.
FR#509 IBA #54927 iRoad #509
Hondas: Old C90, 2000 ST1100, 2004 ST1300, 2009 ST1300, 2012 GL1800, 2008 ST1300, 2005 ST1300
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Marls

ZigZag

Thanks Biggles, I did think of the work load the Admin team was under and did consider not posing my question until they had time to come up for air so to speak. I don't want to add to that load, they have done an amazing job going from 0 to 160 in very quick time.
I'll work on the theory I bring a start docket to Port MacDonnell and if admin have a better idea I'll roll with that.
For anyone who has never been to Port Mac. it's a quaint coastal town but if it is warm or even hot at Mount Gambier you can be sure there will be a cold sea breeze and it will be chilly at Port Mac. On the other hand if its cold at Mt Gambier it will be bloody freezing at Port Mac. ;D

ZigZag
ZigZag

FR 830
Rides a black Yamaha now.
  •